Sunday, November 13, 2011

On your mark.....get ready......

Ha!  You were waiting for the "Go" weren't ya?  That's tomorrow.  Deb and I are still working out the logistics of a dual blog.  Not sure about her, but I am definetely NOT a techie.  We both have our 90 day studies and bibles ready, and will start tomorrow. 

When the idea hit me last year to do this, a 90 Day study/challenge what ever you want to call it, it was at a time of change for me.  Significant boulders were being tossed my way and at times I wasn't sure if I could duck all of them.  I've been reading through some of the post from last year and I find it comforting to see my Lord at work through me.  There are times I feel my life is so busy and hectic that I'm not giving Him His far share of me.  Then I realize that even the smallest choices made each day will do one of two things, glorify Him or not, that simple.  I want my Jesus to shine through me for others to see. 

This year my study is about David.  THIS is going to be "fun".  A young man that stood above the crowd defeating a giant, whose father looked down on, who rose to power with God's blessing and fell hard and fast from human wants and desires, yet praised and worshiped his Lord like no one else.  As I sit looking out my kitchen window I see the dark clouds fly by, with the beautiful baby blue sky peeking through them.  The clouds will be gone soon, but the magnificant sky will stay.  Just as our desires, wants and sins may darken us, the grace and love of our God will always be in the background, steady and waiting to shine through. 

Ladies and gents......let's get ready for another journey :-)

1 comment: