Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 2

Todays scripture was Luke 1: 34-38

Beth talked about how Mary must have felt when she got the news she was to give birth to the Christ child. "How can this be?"
I would have had more questions than that! More like "Why me?"
Faith, trust, total commission- all things that don't come without a struggle for me.
I have to wonder if Mary looked at the news as a good thing, or if she was scared, ashamed of what others would think? Did she not worry about that, knowing that she was in favor with God and nothing else mattered? That's walking the walk in my opinion. Here's an excerpt from a note I saved once:

GIVE THE WORLD THE BEST YOU HAVE, AND IT MAY NEVER BE ENOUGH... GIVE YOUR BEST ANYWAY. FOR YOU SEE, IN THE END, IT IS BETWEEN YOU AND GOD. IT NEVER WAS BETWEEN YOU AND THEM ANYWAY.

Advice to live by but I still struggle with this daily. Beth mentions that in essence Mary was saying, "Lord, I am your handmaid. Whatever you want, I want." That my friends, is total submission.

There have been times in my life when I've felt the Lord was with me and you don't forget them. Last year, worried about my finances, I was praying for Him to provide for me and my family. I know He will give me what I need I still have a hard time just turning the details over to Him. Right in the middle of my prayer that day, I heard His voice, clear as day...... "Your kids are healthy and fine."  That wasn't what was on my mind at all, but that was what He wanted me to hear. Stop and smell the roses and be thankful for what you have Debra.
God's will....... still playing out daily in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment