Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 6- God's perfect timing

Galatians 4: 3-7
My boy friend told me that before he met me, he prayed for God to send someone into his life that he could have a relationship with, common values-a life companion. A short time later he and I were standing in the middle of the tile store picking out tile for his Daughters bathroom. By the time that day was done, we both felt like we had been on a date. We talked nonstop, had the same views, and havn't stopped since. That was 3 years ago. I've found my life companion in him, the love of my life and and it didn't happen by my hand- I wasn't even looking, didn't even consider him as someone to date when we started working together on his daughters bathroom remodel. Totally God's hand and his perfect timing. God knows, even when WE don't see what is right in front of us. That was one time when his perfect timing caught me off guard, one of those "what just happened here?" moments.
There have been other times when I just knew His hand was in the plan. In my career, God has put me in the right place at the right time so often. I've said so many times, "God opens the doors, I just walk through them."
I have to wonder if Mary knew there was a reason she was called to make  a trip to Bethlehem, right at the time she was to have her baby.
Today, I pray that I will be more conscience of the hand of God in the chain of events that happen to me. Lord, let me have patience that comes through faith and knowing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment