Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 3 & 4

Luke 1: 39-44 This morning scripture talks about Mary getting the news that Elizabeth was expecting and her trip to see her. So often I see where God puts people in my path who I can share my situation with. Perhaps he does this so I will not feel so alone- sometimes I think it backfires and it ends up distracting me from my own problems and getting caught up in theirs. Then again, maybe that is the whole reason- to let me know I'm not the only one that faces hardship. I believe the people in your path as never put there by chance- reason, season, lifetime, there is a reason for everyone of them.

I wonder if Mary realized the significance of the Baby she was carrying when Elizabeth commented that her baby jumped for joy at the sound of Mary's voice. Beth states that it set Mary free to rejoice in the fact that she was carrying the Christ child.

Why is it that so many times we need others permission and acceptance before we will give ourselves permission to be happy ourselves? I think women are especially like that. We care too much about what others think rather than just working to please our Lord.

Day 4   Luke 1: 46-55
Everyday, I am  in awe of the fact that God chooses me to do His work and blesses others through plain old me. I live in a beautiful place and sometimes I just go sit on the edge of a cliff and stare at all the beauty He created. Looking at all that I feel pretty small and insignificant. To think that He created all that, yet he still finds time to check in on me- amazing! Beth talks about how Mary rejoiced in it- I need to rejoice in things like that more. The other day in church, the pastor asked the congregation to raise their hands if they knew they brought Joy to someones life- hardly anyone raised their hand! I raised mine right away- my kids and Chris never fail to let me know they love me and enjoy me in their life. I hope I make others feel that way!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment