Sunday, November 13, 2011

I'm jumping in!

I've gone through many stages in my Christian walk. In the Northern part of the country where I was raised, there wasn't much emphasis put on having a relationship with God. It wasn't until I moved to the Bible belt that I became involved with a church and being aware of the presence of God in my life.

When my girls were younger, I was involved with their church activities, even led a youth group as they became teens. I loved my youth kids and learned along with them but never felt like I had the spiritual qualifications and training to do the job right. I felt like a teacher who never got certified!

I've been at the same small church for 18 years, love my "church family", but never felt comfortable in the Young Adults Sunday school group and bible studies- In one group I was much younger than all the other members and in the one where couples my age went, I , 1) wasn't a couple, and 2) worried the teacher would make an example of my lack of training.

In the last several years I've been through some major life changes, difficulties and negative people that have taken my heart out of being in church. I pray daily, still feel the presence of God and His grace- but have become uninvolved with the activities I used to love. I know that is Satan at work - always right there looking over our shoulder, trying to turn us away from God.

I want to do a Bible study but need some help and support getting back on track. I'm excited to start this study and pray the next 90 days will be the start of getting that piece of my heart back!

No comments:

Post a Comment