Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 1- How can this be?

God must have known I needed a jump start yesterday to get this study started. I went to church for the first time in a few months-I smiled when I saw the title of the sermon......... "Got Jesus?"
Amazing how He always gives me what I need if I will just listen.

The scripture was Luke 1: 26-33
Gabriel must have loved that mission given to him- can you imagine the look on Mary's face when she got that news? "Greetings, you who are highly favored!" I'm sure she didn't feel highly favored at first- quite the opposite.... more like, why me? With the downturn of the economy I've been asking that alot lately. The home building and real estate sales are terrible in our area, causing a downturn in my business. I've had to change the way I do work with clients and it seems like I work twice as hard for half as much. I've had to move out of my office and come home to an office in Franklin. My financial stress has been unbelievable and while I know God will take care of me, give me what I need, I just wonder what other changes have to happen in my life.
 When I came to the realization I had to move out of my office, that morning I prayed "Give me a clean well lit space where I can still work and have my samples". 6 hours later I was standing in the middle of a big, clean room where I could not only have my samples and a desk, but a place where my Mother and I could set up a manufacturing space to grow our therapy bags and pillow business, which was what I really wanted to do. Better yet, it was one mile from my house. My previous 2 hour commute can now be spent organizing and  keeping up with house work better and spending more time with my family and Chris- things that make me feel centered and happy-that's a true blessing. 

Hind site being 20/20, I can look back and see His hand at work-I want to learn to trust more in Gods path for me and to go to, and lean on Jesus more for what I need. So many times I try to take charge, micro manage, only to mess things up- got to work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment